Re: RE: Shocks and Ride Quality

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 08:10:34 EDT

At 02:19 AM 5/28/04, you wrote:
>what I was looking for was if people had seen noticable differences
>in ride quality when changing from stock shocks to high quality aftermarket.
>I'm looking into finding Edelbrock or the adjustable Rancho shocks that will
>work for 87-96. Travis

With the Rancho (9-way settings), once you set beyond 1, the softest setting,
the ride becomes noticeably firmer. I used to use 3 for street/highway driving
as opposed to 3 (left) 5(right) at the track. 3 on the street/highway is quite
firm and, depending on surface, you can feel the jolts in the small of the
back.
I've gotten lazy this year and have just left them at 3 and 5. When I was
t&t'ing
them, you can imagine what 7 feels like :-)

Bob Tom Ontario, Canada
97 Dakota CC Sport, na modded 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE w transgo, 4.56 SG,
      3000 stall converter, 4120 lb race weight, 13.98 @ 99.85