Re: RE: Diagnostic Port Wiring

From: Larry L Athey (larryathey.nospam@larryathey.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 13:54:10 EDT

That's pretty much the reason I wanted to be able to hook it up to a
laptop by a serial cable, so I could see what comes out of that port and
in what order it comes out.

Decompiling the code in the PCM is easier said than done. The only way I
could think of doing that would be if somebody actually wrote a routine
into their software to do a hex dump of the code on the chip. It's very
doubtful they would have done that. So I just gotta keep hunting for the
specs on the protocol that these things use and then start building from
there. I've done it before with other things, I just haven't done it
with an automobile's computer.