Re: P0455 ?

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 17:48:08 EDT

Large Evap system leak. Check for cracked/split hoses to and from the
intake manifold, purge solenoid, and charcoal canister, fuel tank fill and
vent hoses leading to the filler neck, as well as the gas cap itself
(although the gas cap will normally result in a p0440/442 code). Also, if
you were to fill up the tank with the motor running, particularly 1st thing
in the morning, you can induce an Evap leak code.

-Jon Smith

"Larry L Athey" <larryathey.nospam@larryathey.com> wrote in message

Has anybody here ever had this error code? I didn't have this problem
until I detailed things under the hood on my 99 Dakota. The people at
Autozone said it most likely caused by a loose vacume line. I've looked
under the hood and I can't find anything loose.

Anybody here have any suggestions as to where I should look? I'm not an
auto mechanic by any means, so I have a feeling that I'm just not
looking in the right place.