Re: Re: Re: CALLING ALL DML'ERS! - DML BBQ! 50 Days and Counting!!!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 01:28:13 EDT

Heather Mosley wrote:
> I'm lazy...when and where is this bbq
>
> Heather

Hi Heather :-) The DML BBQ was founded back in 1999 by Our Fearless
Leader Jon Steiger, and co-founded by Jason and Norah.

Every year after the antics and shinanigans have grown larger then the
year before.

Read over some of the meet reports at http://www.dakota-truck.net/meet

In 99 Eddie rammed Ed's McCarrick's Ranger (at the time) into what is
now known as Ranger Gulch

in 2000, no real carnage took place but Pete Cutler had a nice little
adventure at the waterfall. Adam made his debute and launched himself
up a canyon wall.

In 2001 The (mud) Pit was born.

2002 saw major vehicular carnage. Alternators, axles, engines, transfer
cases, wheel bearings, belt pullys, trannys - all roasted. Two Daks and
two Wranglers made it up the waterfall that year however.

Also check out "Silence Of The Rams"

http://www.dakota-truck.net/VIDEOS/Silence of the Rams.mpg

I put that little vid together. It gives a pretty good idea of what goes
on at the BBQ's heh - its a compilation of vids from over the years.

In 2003 - the 2nd year I attended - I launched my baby, a 1989 Dodge
Dakota 4x4 named Christine (thanks to Jim Knox for the name sugggestion)
into the pond at 3 am - the night I arrived - setting off a chain of
events that will be remembered forever. 2003 was a bad year in DML
history.

2004 - - ??? Anything is possible!

***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ (48) Days Left! *****

Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/