Re: Hybrids (was: Hybrid Escape)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 18:14:30 EDT

Josh Battles said:

> Nuclear energy is one of the safest forms of energy out there. The main
> problem with it is that you never hear about it unless there's a disaster.
> Just as a fyi, a coal or natural gas fired powerplant emits more ambient
> radiation than a nuclear power plant does.

When I still lived in Utah, everyone there was acutely aware of one teeny
tiny problem: Ohio (I think it was) wanted to dump their radioactive waste
in our backyards and next to our national parks.

You're right about the plant in operation, but AFAIK they still haven't
figured out what to do with the waste that's left over.