Pirelli's are on - Love 'em!

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 22:42:05 EDT

Ok, so the Pirelli Scorpion Zero 255/60R15's from tirerack.com were $406.08
with shipping, not too bad I guess. I ordered them Wednesday around 2pm.
Lo and behold, they got dropshipped to the garage the next day (using UPS
ground). So, dropped the truck off Friday morning. $81 and I had the truck
back that afternoon (left it there when I went to work, but they were done
by noon). Hmmm, now to test these babies out, where, we have been in a
downpour all day :-) I've done everything to 'em today except floor it off
the line. Was driving a buddy around, and I mashed it while it was in 2nd
at 30mph. The auto dropped to 1st and she took off, absolutely 0 wheel
spin, I could not believe it! With the BFG's (same size), it would have
just sat there spinning and going sideways. Ok, so on the way home, I get
on it about 1/2 throttle off the line, up to 50mph, keeping it at 1/2
throttle all the way. With the BFG's, they woulda broke loose off the line,
then, if I managed to get it going, they would have broke loose again around
30mph.. The Pirellis? Nadda, no spin whatsoever. I'm liking them :)
Will have to see how the tread lasts, etc, and see how they handle in dry
conditions, but I'm liking them a lot more then the BFG's, well worth the
extra $13/tire then having to worry about spinning in the rain all the time.
Also, did go through some big puddles, and did firm braking in the rain. No
problems there, the old BFG's, even without much tread, did the same, so the
BFG's were good there.

Limited slip?? bah, who needs it! :-)

Oh yeah, got my quarterly bonus check today. It'll cover the tires and most
of the new CD/MP3 deck I gotta buy now. :-)

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L