RE: Re: Re: Seat Belt Tickets??

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 19:35:48 EDT

The airbag will deploy under specific "G's" and impact locations. A friend
of mine died a few months ago in her Neon (mild street racing and DUI) but
the air bag didn't go off - checked into this and found that the impact zone
wasn't a "critical zone" and the force wasn't enough to deploy...however,
the impact on the steering wheel (not wearing the seatbelt) caused severe
head and chest trauma and she died almost instantly. Had she been wearing
her belt, the injuries would have been less severe and may have saved her
(21 year old) life.

- Bernd