Re: Engine Removal Tips???

From: James (sixpack_dak@rogers.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 06:38:50 EDT

Well Gary, it depends on your engine a little I guess. I've always had good
success using intake bolts to hold the chain. I usually pull one out of the
front and the opposite side one on the rear and bolt the chain on there.
I've pulled quite a few engines that way and never had a problem. Just make
sure to use a washer on the bolt so the chain can't pull back through past
the head of the bolt. And if you're pulling the engine and tranny together,
buy or rent an engine tilter! I cannot stress this enough, it will make the
job go ten times easier with less risk of damaging things. It will also
make it possible to do the job by yourself if you have to. Always better to
have help though.

Hope this helps.
James
91 3.9L CC