RE: DML:Help!!

From: Jerry Lee (jerry.429@charter.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 11:33:58 EDT

Josh: The ABS light along with the brake light was on. The speedometer
wouldn't register until about 20/25 mph.
Now the speedometer does not work at all. It does seem to run better as
far as power.
Jerry

""Jerry Lee"" <jerry.429@charter.net> wrote in message

> I had a problem with my 1998 Sport that some told me was the rear
wheel
> speed sensor. Friday I replaced that sensor. Now my speedometer
doesn't
> work at all. Neither does the odometer. Also now the check engine
light
> is on. The abs/brake lights go off when you start the motor but come
> back on later when driving. Anyone have any ideas, or do I need a trip
> to the dealers?
> Jerry
> 98 sport 2wd RC
> 3.9 5spd

You might want to go back and check all your connections to the new
sensor,
it sounds to me that perhaps some water may have gotten in or the plug
may
not have been seated properly.

What was the truck doing before you replaced the speed sensor?

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L