Re: DML:Help!!

From: Doug Myers (douglasmyers@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 12:03:13 EDT

    The speed sensor is on top of the rear axle housing (the "pumpkin") and
was a PITA to change. When my truck had the same symptoms as yours,
replacing this sensor fixed it.

    The instructions in this link fixed the problem for someone in a forum.
I don't think it will help you, but its worth a shot for free.
http://faq.dakota-truck.net/Electronics/recalibrate_instruments.html

    I would double-check your work to make sure you replaced the sensor
correctly and did not damage it. When I took my old one out, it broke apart
coming out and I had to fish out plastic pieces from inside the rear until
the new one would seat correctly.

Hope this helps...

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota 360/5-speed/3.92SG