Re: brake dust

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 06:18:17 EDT

I had the same problem with my 98. After I changed the pads the first time
(Autozone Albany pad lifetime warranty) it was worse. When I needed to
change them out again, I went back to Autozone and upgraded to the
Performance Friction Carbon pads, still lifetime warranty, and much less
dust. What little dust does accumulate on the rims is nearly colorless and
not noticeable till the truck is washed. If you want totally dust free
braking, you might want to look into a set of ceramic pads. A little more
expensive the the PFC but only a 2 yr warranty at Autozone.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE