RE: Rear end life, those that tow...

From: Curt Coulter (curt@cjnetworking.com)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 01:39:24 EDT

> [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of
> Kyle Vanditmars
>
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:58:36 -0400, Curt Coulter wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking of letting them just keep the darned thing and
> bringing home
> > a Ram 2500 5.7 5 speed.
>
> Well, if you're towing enough to have the diff go south after 62k,
> bringing home a more capable vehicle might be an idea.

I'm towing things under the rated limit, with trailer brakes. IMO
driveline troubles in only 62k is not to be expected.

It's looking like a trade-in for a Ram 2500 is going to be the way to go,
as the dealer hasn't a clue what is causing the driveline vibration. The
put in u-joints, still there. Blamed it on the tires, I had them balanced
and rotated, no change. Something's going to let loose, and then perhaps
they'll know...

/Curt