Re: Ram Power Wagon Is Back!!!

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 14:58:24 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net said:

> Didn't the Ram's get IFS during the latest redesign?

The 1500 only. The 2500 and 3500 4x4s already get SFAs.

> I was
> a bit surprised that the HEMI was the only engine available - I
> would have thought the CTD would be an attractive option for
> this package - especially given that it is based off the 2500,
> which is available with the oil burner. Maybe the cruising
> RPMs were be too high for the Cummins with those 4.56 gears? :-)

I thought about that as well... it's the only thing that would make me
want one of these more than I already do. I wonder if it's something
about the "Power Wagon" trademark? Maybe they don't want to mix that up
with the Cummins trademark, or maybe Cummins wouldn't let them slap "Power
Wagon" on a truck with a CTD in it. In any case, this sounds more like a
legal or marketing problem to me than it does an engineering problem.

I wonder what the pricing is going to be. It would probably be cheaper to
start with a used 2500, lift it, then put on the big tires and winch and
so forth. Then you could even get one with the CTD. Although If I had
the money, I'd buy a Power Wagon just to send them a message that people
like things like this. It does have a couple of really interesting
features (e.g. electronic swaybar disconnect... how cool is that?)