RE: New 'Poster' and Truck

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 21:29:58 EDT

11 times.....

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Andrew
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 4:43 PM
To: dakota-truck-digest@twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: New 'Poster' and Truck

        Hello,

        I just got a 93 v-6 Dakota for a very good price ($1.). It is my
first
Chrysler product. (First post here too.) I have read time and again
about the Chrysler mini-van transmissions, a friend replaced 7 of them
under warranty. I now wonder if I too, am destined to have transmission
problems, if I keep my Dakota. I can not detect any problems with the
truck save for needing new shocks at 78K. And it was painted by the
dealer under warranty about 2-3 years ago. It's a nice looking very
clean vehicle. My guess is many here would know about how well the
tranny stands up. Which tranny unit mine has, I don't know yet.
        Any opinion on the tranny is welcome. Whether a trip to the shop for
preventive maintenance is a good idea or just my usual change of fluids
when I get a new vehicle. I am speculating on whether towing a
small horse trailer(under 4 thousand lbs total) 4-5 times a year, an
hour or two in distance, is a good idea or just plain dumb, with this
truck.

--

Andrew

This e-mail composed using the Linux Operating System and the Sylpheed e-mail Program I use the Linux, Mandrake Distrubution