Re: Air Conditioning

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 18:17:03 EDT

On Jun 23, 2004, at 15:21, Jon Slavic wrote:

> Anyone have A/C problems. Mine blows hot air now. It just didn't
> work the
> other morning. Any ideas on where to start looking?

sure... just when I'm starting to get used to neither of my trucks
having it =)

first thing to check is whether the compressor spins up. start the
truck, put it all the way cold in a position where the a/c would be on
(anything but vent, IIRC, pop the hood and visually confirm that the
clutch is engauging.

if it is not, the simple things are the fuse and the plug on the
compressor. I'd also bet there's a relay involved, so check the
underhood relay box for that.

if it is, is it cycling on and off quickly (1-2 seconds)? if that's
the case, I'd bet on low refrigerant. That's where both of my Mopar
a/c systems sit right now.... If it's cycling properly, it's probably
something wrong with the temp controls or heater core ducting baffles.

HTH,

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
mobile.612.618.4652   home.585.935.7129   fax.360.364.3930