GenII tailgate skin, etc.

From: Orange383 (orange383@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 03:13:36 EDT

Hello,

I know at least a couple of you have done tailgate skins on your Daks and am
curious as to what manufacturer you went with, why and how the quality was?
I've been looking and I've only found a few makers and so far none of them
are like a true door skin that would wrap around all sides (they just wrap
the top and bottom and have to be welded along the side edges). I would
really like to get one that wraps around all sides. Also, in the way of
front bumper valances, any preferences between the stillen and street scene
versions? Other preferences? Next subject...bed lids...has anyone used the
sprint flush mount? If so, does it leak? I want a flush/no profile
fiberglass/aluminum bed lid that doesn't leak. Any suggestions? I haven't
heard much one way or the other about any one in particular except for
hearing bad things about the checkmate models. Ok, final question...has
anyone used a cgs motorsports muffler and how does it sound? Thanks again
guys. And thanks for the info on the clear lenses (i've got a bid in on a
set as we speak).

David