Re: Accel DFI or TEC3 engine management

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 22:49:41 EDT

Dan Kramarsky <dkramarsky68@yahoo.com> wrote:

: ok. who has install an Accel/DFI Gen 6/7 or a TEC3* in their Gen II truck? Did it work
: right or did ya have to take it out?

: Also, what else is there for Engine Control Systems besides these ones.

  There are quite a few units out there nowadays. Just off the
top of my head, there are units sold by Accel, FAST, Motec,
Electomotive, Holley, Edelbrock, etc. At the less expensive/DIY
end of the spectrum is MegaSquirt. As far as I know, there is
currently no system out there designed for a nice and simple
bolt-on to our motors, so there is going to be some fabrication
and testing involved. Thanks to the 408 crowd however, there
are a few systems which have been used on the Magnum motor, so
there is certainly more data available about using them on our
Daks than there was previously. (Unfortunately I have no
firsthand experience installing EFI on a late model engine, so
I'll just sit back and see if someone with some more experience
has any additional info.)

  BTW, as far as finding other EFI systems goes, do a Google
search, and you should be able to find just about everything
out there. However, I'd definitely recommend giving some serious
consideration to MegaSquirt. Its what I guess you would call a
"grassroots" effort, but is proving to be quite reliable and you
sure can't beat the price! Having EFI'd one vehicle already,
if I ever get that crazy urge again, I'm about 99.999% certain
it would be the MegaSquirt I would do it with. I believe the
web site is http://www.megasquirt.info/ or
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

 Good luck!

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'