Re: Mileage

From: Jon (jonsdak@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 00:01:32 EDT

I should probably also mention that the mileage I noted nets about 15.2 MPG
city, and 17.4 highway. Generally.

Gen II's are also horribly wind-resistant (I think Jon Steiger once said
that our trucks 'share aerodynamics with bricks'), so if you had a headwind,
that'd kill your mileage pretty quickly too. In any case, definitely do a
tuneup, as others have suggested.

-Jon
"droo" <03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net> wrote in message

> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:00:14 -0400, Andrew <showwork@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> > What kind of real world highway mileage can you get from the V-6? Mine
> > seems to really drink in the gas. On the single, 100 mile trip home, it
> > went from full to 1/4. I traveled at about 65 mph, most of the way.
> >
> > I'm sure it needs plugs, filters, and maybe air in the tires.
> >

> Ouch. My 96 was a v6. When I first got the truck I had taken a trip from
NJ