Re: Maint Reqd Light is on

From: Quintin (sauerquint@gci.net)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 02:42:50 EDT

"Terrible Tom" <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote in message
news:40DE427B.3050807@aol.com...
:
: droo wrote:
: >
: > On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:33:46 -0800, Quintin <sauerquint@gci.net> wrote:
: >
: >>
: >> I've done that, but thanks anyway. That's where I got the answer on
: >> the code
: >> 12, and why I mentioned that up front ;-)
: >>
: >
: > So what exactly is the problem?
: >
: >
:
: As I recall - at least on my 1989 Dak's - the Maint Required light is
: just an idiot light set to come on at predetermined milage intervals.
: It does not necessarily mean there is a condition that requires
: attention - it was just a light Chrysler stuck in ther eto get you to
: take your truck back to the Stealer for service. In 87 and 88 the
: lights could be shut off by use of a paper clip or something inserted in
: a control box under the dash. 89 and up required the dealer to
: deactivate it.
:
: if I remember correctly - while my grandfather was still alive and
: driving the Silver89, the maint req'd light came on - he took it into a
: dealer who told him that for $50 he could just turn the light off if he
: didnt want any work done. Needless to say my grandpa drove around with
: that light on for a very long time LOL. I eventually pulled the
: instrument cluster when I got the truck and pulled the bulb out - did
: the same to Christine.
:

Ah, that's kind of what I thought it was. It goes off on a counter.