RE: Maint Reqd Light is on

From: Steve Mills (srm804@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 10:30:00 EDT

Without knowing the the year of your truck I can tell you based on my 92
what the light is for. The light comes on every 60k for EGR valve
replacement and every 82.5k for 02 sensor replacement. This light can only
be reset by DRB. You can remove the bulb and have no dash lights on but it
will store an additional code of "no mileage stored in your PCM". This is
fine as long as you know why it is there. Steve

>From: "Quintin" <sauerquint@gci.net>
>To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
>Subject: DML: Maint Reqd Light is on
>Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:12:24 -0800
>
>The code that is stored is a 12, which is the battery was disconnected.
>That
>happened when I was trying to clear the Maint light. My service manual
>isn't
>organized in a way that I can find this info easily, or I am just too dumb
>to know how to find it. Does anyone have any helpful ideas?

MSN Movies - Trailers, showtimes, DVD's, and the latest news from Hollywood!
http://movies.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200509ave/direct/01/