Re: Dak Generations (was Cat converter)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 12:49:30 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2004, at 4:38, Gary Hedlin wrote:
>
>> If I'm not mistaken, didn’t the Gen 1 and Gen II have the same body,
>> except
>> the Gen II's have the Magnums instead of the LA's that the Gen I's have??
>>

> if I'm not mistaken, the front clips are not interchangeable, since the
> Gen IIs have a longer nose, but they definitely have a very different
> grille.
> <http://tinyurl.com/2d42q>
> <http://tinyurl.com/3fmjk>
> now that I've looked, the hood definitely changed shape as well, and the
> fenders look longer too, and are definitely a different cut around the
> lights if nothing else.
> --

The front clips can be changed - if you change over the ENTIRE clip.
Fenders, inner fenders, hood, radiator support, grill etc. I've seen it
done - but why anyone would want to go through the trouble to make a Gen
I look like a Gen II is beyond me. The only major cosmetic changes
between Gen I and Gen II are the front clips. The rest was decals,
badge placement, and interior trim.

***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ (20) Days Left! *****

Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/