RE: Heater Core STB?

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 18:39:32 EDT

Sounds like a rotten heater core to me.

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of DAKSY
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 6:05 PM
To: Dakota Mailing List
Subject: DML: Heater Core STB?

Hey, DML,

Talk to me....Driving to work this AM, I started to smell antifreeze & the
dashboard vents began emitting vapors -
with all the (3) associated switches in the "Off" position...
I'm thinkin the heater core may have Sh*t the bed (STB)...
Anybody care to confirm or deny my suspicions?
I haven't thumbed thru the bible (FSM) yet, but I imagine I'll be removing
the dash...& a whole lot of interior stuff...
Anybody got a time estimate for the task at hand?
I'm pretty sure I can get a discount on the core from my bud at CP Dodge
World, but what are they (heater cores) going for these days?
TIA,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(I don't need this...*sheesh*... I still hafta finish the shingles!)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/