RE: 92 A500 gives up

From: Zachary Burcham (roadking_dakota@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 08:50:12 EDT

OK, to update those who have responded I'll give a little more info. I went
ahead and took the truck to a smaller local shop that deals with a lot of
dodges for a free test drive. On my way there OD worked and it shifted from
all gears "normally" but it was a pretty hard shift and as you might imagine
i was babying it. One thing I would like to mention is my truck shifts into
OD WAY below 42 mph, at times I've noted it shifting as low as 30 mph, done
this for a long time. Shop again said it was shifting ok, but that he
checked the fluid and it appeared "burnt" to him and that's not a good sign
considering that like a good little truck owner I get the fluid flushed
regularly and consequently this fluid has less than 15K on it easy.

As far as car clubs I'm in a town of about 20K and there aren't many that
aren't sponsored by Uncle Ben's but being a dodge town (Had a chrysler plant
here till about a year ago) Getting a shop with knowledge of the tranny
shouldn't be a problem. Right now I'm looking at a brand new 46RH and Mopar
TC that I'm getting at around a 35-40% discount. I would love a 5-spd
conversion but I haven't got the time, I need my truck back.