Transwork Update

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 11:14:23 EDT

Well, for all of you that paid attention to my last thread about sending the
truck in for a trans build, I just got off of the phone with the guy doing
the work.

They pulled the trans monday night and saw that someone had written "Mondays
suck" on top of the torque converter, which I might add was still the
original one. He said there was no way that it was only 2 years (or 36000
miles) old. They found that the reason I wasn't able to go into overdrive
very easily was because the valve body was clogged with metal chunks, and
they were blocking the pathways for OD solenoid actuation. Apparently there
was metal EVERYWHERE inside the thing, and that he couldn't believe that it
was still driveable. In his opinion, I wouldn't have made it to the BBQ at
all, I'd have been stranded on the side of the road. OUCH.

They're going to let me take pics of the TQ converter, and if the worst
parts haven't made it to the scrap heap yet, they're going to save me a few
of the worst looking pieces for posterity.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L