RE: Mileage 2

From: M Smith (gtv684@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 12:43:37 EDT

>>Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:38:38 -0400
>>From: Andrew <showwork@earthlink.net>
>>Subject: DML: Mileage 2

>> Thank you, to those who posted their real world mileage. My 93, 3.9
>>Automatic, ex-Cab is getting "only"(??) 17 mpg. Had the truck 10 days
>>or so and went on a second trip this past weekend. So Far, (before I
>>left on my trip), I changed the oil and filter, tire
>>pressure is a 35psi all around, the air cleaner didn't look to bad, but
>>I will change it anyway. I guess also the plugs, at 75K might also be a
>>good replacement idea (no idea when/if they were changed).
>> The Tranny and rear end fluids need doing too. For now I intend to keep
>>the wires.
>> 17 mpg is disappointing. I traveled at 65mph and had the AC on and ran
>>into very little traffic. Is there a chance I can get this thing
>>over 20 mpg?? I had in mind a wish of 25 mpg, am I dreaming far beyond
>>reality?

>> Where else is a good place to seek better mpg?

>> Question 2. I need to repair the air dam. It's cracked and if I knew
>>what it was made of, and had the proper glue, it would likely hold. I
>>may also consider making or buying a lower/bigger air dam,
>>suggestions anyone.

- --

>> Andrew

Andrew,

  Mileage, popular topic around here! Search the archives for a complete
list of everyone and thier brothers mileage figures!!
I get 16-17 with my 95 CC 3.9L....it's an automatic but of course it's a
4X4.
I don't think you'll see 25 mpg unless you're coasting downhill with a
tailwind!!

Check the dealer for a new airdam....if I remember correctly my
father-in-law got a new one for something like $20! Not sure where it came
from, I assume the dealer.......

Mark in Kentucky
95 CC 4X4 3.9L