Re: stuck wheel

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 00:15:08 EDT

On Jul 12, 2004, at 19:28, Michael Maskalans wrote:

> If you had a steel wheel stuck to a hub, what would you do?

   thanks for the tips, guys.

   what I'd done already was my usual wiggle by hand, kicking, wiggling
and kicking to no avail. After a severe beating yeilded nothing, I
soaked it down with PB Blaster and continued working it over with a
hammer. I'd smacked it on the face with a steel hammer, with a mallet
and right at the edge of the hub using a screwdriver too.

   I spent the most time using my 1/2" ratchet to pass mallet blows onto
the back of the rim. 45 minutes of that did *nothing*

   Had to head out for a bit, and when I came back 90 minutes later the
PB had done it's trick, and two mallet blows to the tire knocked it
loose. Hopefully I don't have to do through the same thing tomorrow
for the other front tire!

   I'm *definitely* glad I didn't have to cut the rim off - that would
be a bitch!that candle idea is an interesting one, too. I'll have to
keep that in mind if things start to suck again and 2 hours of PB soak
don't do the trick =)

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
mobile.612.618.4652   home.585.935.7129   fax.954.697.0487