Re: Webcam?

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 01:12:53 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Another idea I just had related to the whole idea of getting some
> sort of property-wide network-ability, is that the FRS radios we
> use are actually pretty good, range-wise, and have handled things
> like the ravine fairly well, overall. I wonder if some sort of
> "FRS modem" could be created to piggyback the network on those
> radio waves? Perhaps a couple of these FRS modems, in one or two
> trucks could act as a bridge between the wireless network and
> DML HQ?

I have several FRS radios, including one that can be dissected for
parts/experementation. I also have a 802.11b Pcmica card, but am short a
usable laptop, I think.

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com