Re: BBQ getting closer

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 08:36:55 EDT

Josh Battles said:

>> definitely DO NOT bring down any mountain dew. I just found out last
>> week that it has no caffeine in the great white north, due to regs on
>> contents of clear beverages or something like that...
>
> I heard that a few years back and thought it was a little strange. Last
> year on the way back I forgot and picked up a bottle at the fuel station
> we stopped at and after I was finished with it I noticed it and cursed
> myself.

Yeah, I found that out the difficult (and unpleasant) way myself after
moving up here. I thought it was going to keep me awake for driving
someplace (don't even remember where any more). Suprise! No caffeine!

After that, I've held the opinion that Canadian Mountain Dew should have
a label on it which reads: "ATTENTION AMERICAN TOURISTS: This beverage
contains absolutely NO caffeine and will not keep you awake for driving.
Use with caution!" But, Pepsi's management doesn't seem to agree with me.