RE: PT Cruiser

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 08:59:25 EDT

Hey Jon, that was featured in Mopar Action magazine a couple years ago. It
was called the Texas Bandit and promoted as a wheelstanding Hemi powered PT
Cruiser pickup. It was actually a '99 chevy s-10 with the PT front grafted
on. The engine was a Big Block Chevy. Some friends and I wrote to the
magazine admonishing them for not knowing the difference and received an
apology from them. Apparently the owner *said* it was a Hemi, the writer
was too young to tell the difference and the editor missed it.

I believe the guy has a new version out now that uses the entire PT body (no
pickup bed) and does have a Hemi.

RayB