Re: Re: Re: Terrible Tom and the 2004 DML BBQ

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 20:59:46 EDT

Bill Day wrote:
> Tom, first thing I would check is the linkage, sounds to me like it is not
> "going" far enough to engage drive gears. After that, if you can't get any
> of the other gears, it may need to be re-opened to see if something is
> blocking the shifter internally....
>
> Good luck

Thanks Bill - I wish it was linkage - but events have developed further
in the last 24 hours. The problem was internal - not linkage. The
trans was working in reverse... not in any forward gear. There was a
whine from the tranny when put into drive and there was no power to the
wheels. I have since pulled that trans out and tried to use the 2wd
trans I have - only to discover that its impossible due to bellhousing
differences.... AFTER I pulled eveything and had the other trans up in
place and tried to bolt it up.

oh well :-(

***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ 1 Day Left! *****

Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/