Re: Re: Magnum V10

From: Walt Felix (Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 06:29:36 EDT

This is what I found when I researched it earlier.

A V10 is 488 cubic inches (8.0L) vs. the 360 (5.9). Both are a 90° V-type.
I was surprised to learn the two extra 360 pistons accounted for the extra
128ci. Both have a 4.00 bore with the V10 having a longer stroke 3.88 vs.
the 360's 3.58. Even with the longer stroke, the V10 somehow comes in with
a slightly lower compression ratio. 8.6:1 vs. 8.9:1. I would guess there
are some major differences in the head design.

But to answer your question, Yes, it appears they used the base 360 design
when designing the V10.

Walt