Re: BBQ Status Report 2

From: Walt Felix (Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 15:14:07 EDT

Well, a few of us (Adam, Mike and myself along with co-pilots) snuck off
while everyone else was waking and showering. The trails are really muddy
and the waterfalls are real wet & slippery. Adam took a shot at climbing
the lower falls but couldn't quite hook enough to make it over the top lip.
We'll give them another shot later when we have a few more people and
cameras in attendance. Adam also found a large rut on the way down to the
river that tried to swallow his Jeep. I managed to pull him out with a tow
strap, making it my second rescue of the weekend. Yesterday, I dragged
Mike's Ramcharger up slippery hill. Once we got down to the water, I
discovered had a brake problem, the pedal slowly drops to the floor and we
found a small puddle of brake fluid on the ground after backing the truck
up. Unfortunately, we still can't quite figure out where exactly it's
leaking from. For now I'll just keep dumping fluid in it and hope find it
later after the mud dries. Just need to put something cheap in front of me
on the next trail ride. Further downstream, Adam managed to find yet a
deeper hole in the middle and really wedged the Jeep in there. I couldn't
get enough traction to yank him loose and still had trouble with the 9000lbs
winch and anchoring myself to Mike's Ramcharger. I just dragged both of us
towards Adam's Jeep. After pulling around in front and playing with the
winch, I manage to pull him loose. Then we had to spend 10 minutes
rewinding the cable onto the winch.

Score so far:

Mike = Couldn't make it up Slippery Hill without help.
Adam = Stuck twice
Walt = 3 saves and a pending brake failure.

More photos have been uploaded to my gallery (link below). Sorry, the
camera glitched and reset to 640x480. It wasn't until later did I discover
that so a few of the shots are small.

Walt

http://www.walt-n-ingrid.com/images/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=34&thumb=1