Re: Re: RE: BBQ Over - Home SAFE!

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 15:02:52 EDT

Well, I figure it's about time I chime in on this thread. I made it
home relatively safely, albiet pretty tired at about 1:00 monday morning.

It was a pretty uneventful trip through Canada, but I didn't get to see
the falls again this year. There was a ton of road construction and
after moving about 30 feet in an hour I decided that it wasn't worth it
and headed back to the highway after grabbing an extra large tim
horton's coffee. the coffee was delicious, and let me be the first to
say that y'all in Canada need to put your rest stops closer together,
after 2 or 3 of those size cups it just kinda creeps up on you.

The drive through Michigan took longer than I'd expected because it was
very dark, I was tired, and the customs agent wanted to have a beer
discussion with me. So, after sitting at his booth for a mere 30
minutes I was on my way. Being that I was tired I stopped at every rest
area to walk around and even caught a quick 25 min power nap at a few.
All in all it was a good trip, although I think it may just be faster to
stay stateside on the return trip. However, the benefits of going
through Canada (longest beer run ever) outweigh the length of time it
takes.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L