Re: OT Lighting Problem

From: DodgeDe@cs.com
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 11:55:08 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/2004 2:10:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dml@tepidcola.com writes:

> On Jul 27, 2004, at 19:41, DodgeDe@cs.com wrote:
>
> >A friend of mine has a Subaru Forester with no tail lights. Brake and
> >turns
> >work no parking lights and license plate light. She checked fuse said
> >it was
> >good.
>
> the only other obvious thing I'd try to check is the light switch
> itself. though I'd expect the front parking lights would be fed from
> the same switch contact. I'd see about getting an FSM and starting to
> look through complete lighting system wiring diagrams.
>

> >I got rear ended in the R/T Last Tuesday. [...]
> > The bucket seat back broke and my head went through the rear window
> >(it's a
> >club cab) bent frame and pushed the box into the cab.
>
> *wow*.
> Hope you're all right, or at least will be soon. Glad you were driving
> something sizable so you're still around to complain about it! Don't
> want to imagine a crash like that involving the 2 door Specs that so
> many seem to want us all to be tooling around in....
> --
> Mike Maskalans <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
> '84 RamCharger Daily Driver '98 Dakota under the knife
> mobile.612.618.4652 home.585.935.7129 fax.360.364.3930

I thought the samething as you about the light switch but last night she was
messing with the switch and a couple times she had no front or dash lights so
it is looking like it might be the switch. They must run them all up the
column.

I should be fine in a few weeks so the DR says. I'm kind a glad I never put a
roll pan on as the bumper was pushed in so far that the frame punched holes
through it. So you know that had to absorb some of the impact. I still kinda
want to put on a roll pan but it does make one wonder. If I do go with the pan I
think I'll at least put a hidden hitch behind it.

Bill
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop
playing."
-George Bernard Shaw