RE: RE: Get up and go?

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 21:16:25 EDT

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:07:04 -0400, Valentin Garcia wrote:

> Ok, That made sense but how do I determine what I have? Also, just to
> confirm, we are NOT talking axle ratio correct? (I have 3.92, got that from
> the glove box)

Well, since you have the factory 3.92, you might want to consider an APS
precision high-stall torque converter.
http://www.apsprecision.com/TQConverter.html They even have one built
specifically for the v6, you can read about it a little way down the page
I linked to. APS has an explanation on their website, but basically going
with say a 2400rpm stall converter will allow the engine to rev higher
before the transmission grabs, giving a harder launch. Plus, the APS
converters are more efficient, and have a better lockup clutch, netting
better mileage.