Re: Guess, mpg

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 08:48:36 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Jul 28, 2004, at 19:09, Andrew wrote:
>

>> Two weeks ago I watched the guy check my tire pressure, when the oil
>> was changed, paid 4 dollars extra for that 'deluxe' service. Yesterday I
>> checked it myself, only 20 lbs in 3 tyres! Where did it go??? (-:
>> I've been concerned my mileage was only 17.5.
>> Anyone want to guess how much of a difference 36 pounds in all 4
>> tyres
>> will be??
>

> less than four dollars.
>
> are you admitting in public that you paid some schmuck not only to
> change your oil, but to check your tire pressures? sorry, that's a bit
> of a foreign concept to me right now.

Paying someone to change the oil I can see - I never changed the oil in
my '99. By the time I had someplace I could do it myself, it wasn't
worth starting to use the good stuff (which is mostly why I do it myself
- doing Mobil 1 myself is cheaper than syn blend at Jiffy). If you
don't have someplace that'll let you do the oil change, you pretty much
have to pay someone.

Paying someone to check tire pressure? Um...the gauge is $4. It takes
one minute.