Re: Guess, mpg

From: Dave Downing (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 14:42:12 EDT

"Ed Buxton" <flamin_red_dakota@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:20040729180850.63741.qmail@web20626.mail.yahoo.com...

> I was at Costco the other day...they had a sign up
> about putting nitrogen instead of air into your tires.
> I don't know if it was free or an "add on". Anyone
> know the merits, if any, of nitrogen over regular old
> generic air?

My brother is a Tire Center Manager for Costco and he was telling me about
this the other day. I thought it sounded weird at first, but it makes sense
now that he explained it. Due to the physical properties of Nitrogen, it
won't bleed out through the tire, thus keeping your tire pressure more
constant, less refilling. It also won't fluctuate as much in the hot/cold
like regular air does. Don't know if it's free or not, but I could check.

-Dave
'02 FR RC R/T
12.12@114.63