Re: Goodyear Wranglers

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 23:11:46 EDT

David wrote:

> My 2000 2WD 3.9L Sport standard cab was delivered with Wrangler P215/75R15s.
> I've really been pleased, as the tires have lasted almost 70k in the Seattle
> metro area with infrequent rotation/balancing. I'm considering direct
> replacements and am wondering if anyone knows where I can save $$ on these.
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,

I'd recommend against the Goodyears simply because of price (and I don't
like them). It's pretty phenominal that you managed to eek 70k miles
out of them though, IIRC my first set (235/75-15) lasted me about 30k
miles and the last 10k were almost on cords. I've been running Yokohama
Avid S/T tires on my lowered truck in 245/70-15 and after two sets I'm
nothing short of pleased with them. I get them from the Tire Rack and
they're about $60 each.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L