Re: Siphon gas

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 01:58:54 EDT

KenCo wrote:
> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>> In David's original post, he mentioned that 1km was as far as she
>> got because the car died on her, and when he pulled a plug, it was all
>> gummed up. So, the diesel definitely made it through the entire
>> system. Unless I am missing something - which is possible. :-)
>>

> I missed the orig. post but,
> how the heck did anyone make a diesel nozzle
> fit in an unleaded tank filler?????
>
> they are diff. sizes for a reason, the station
> may be liable if they had the wrong nozzle on
> the diesel pump.

*sigh* ... I'm a bit disturbed at the fact that they had to make them
*that* much different. The fact that the plastic around the nozzle is
green seemed like enough.

I'm also disturbed that "The station may be liable" for the blatant
mistake of a customer. If you can't read the label right there above
the nozzle that you picked up that says "DIESEL" then I'm afraid that
I'd have to say it's your own fault...

Sure, we all make mistakes, but we also have to pay for those mistakes.

-Bill