Re: Re: New Charger Pics [Was: What to see Plagiarism? ]

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 09:39:51 EDT

On Oct 5, 2004, at 10:44 PM, Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 21:38:02 -0400, Tom Byrne <kerib@ptd.net> wrote:
>

>> This body style is to the Dodge as the new GTO is to Pontiac.
>> Boring!!!!

> I think it's just about the best that could be hoped for considering
> that it was slated to be a 4 door. IMO of course
> --
> Mike Maskalans

I actually like the GTO but I like a down stated car like that with
power under the hood. I guess I don't feel the need to advertise. Just
me. Actually the GTO is an upgrade for pontiac and the American side of
GM. You don;t get the stupid fisher price dash and radio with the big
kid-friendly buttons. Instead you get a nice, tasteful interior meant
for driving and adults. It's one of those cars i would keep an eye out
for on the used car lots coming off a two or three year lease.

As for the magnum/ charger. I actually like it alot. It's different.
It's cool. I like it, again, because it's understated (a theme with me)
yet aggressive looking. I have read in two different car mags, in
tidbits about the magnum, that DC is staking alot on these cars and
there will be a coupe version coming. It's supposed to be next spring
but we'll see. I like the fastback type of look and give that to me in
a coupe, with a Hemi, and you got my full attention.

Jeff Durling