Re: O2 sensors for GenII

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 17:14:28 EDT

On Wed, October 6, 2004 2:46 pm, kvmac45@comcast.net said:

> What is the best O2 sensor for GenII trucks? Mine is a 92, time to replace
> it.
> I have read where the Bosch was not that great, and Mopar was the way to
> go.
> However, I got the impression that most of those posts were directed at
> newer
> trucks running OBDIII. I can get a Bosch for $50 at Autozone vs. $82 from
> Dodge for a Mopar one.

I got 70,000 miles out of the stock O2 sensor on my '95. Replaced it with
one I got from Canadian Tire, not sure of the brand they used. It said
Motomaster (store brand), but knowing them they just bought it from
someone else and put their own logo on it. It was cheaper than the Mopar
part, but I didn't even get 30,000 miles out of that one. I replaced it
with the Mopar sensor, hopefully that one will last longer.