Re: Mopar headers for 1992 Dakota

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 16:56:55 EDT

At 09:11 PM 10/6/04, you wrote:
>I found a guy who says he can get them for $410 from Mopar.
>They are the actual Mopar items, and I wasn't sure if the manufacturer
>changed over the years at all. I would hate to order them expecting
>the DT headers and end up with something else. I might try and call
>Mopar tomorrow and see if they are any help.

IIRC, 96 and older (5.2) were made by Thorley. The newer design 97 and
up (5.2/5.9) by Leach.

In case it matters to you, remember that the actual Mopar items were
chrome-plated. It did not take long for them to show ugly, bluish, burn
marks :-(

I got mine from Leach and opted to have it ceramic coated from him. My
understanding is that Leach made the headers but MP had someone
else chrome plate them.

Bob Tom Ontario, Canada
97 Dakota CC Sport, na modded 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE w transgo, 4.56 SG,
      3000 stall converter, 4120 lb race weight, 13.98 @ 99.85