Re: Re: 200 hp

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 18:52:34 EDT

droo wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:22:26 -0500, Bill Day <billday@comwares.net> wrote:
>

>> Good exhaust setup, Dynomax or so...
>>
>> The MAG 3.9s have 195? for GenII The Exhaust system outta put you right
>> around 210....
>>
>> Bill Day
>> billday@comwares.net
>>
>> A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants
>> and can
>> give..
>>

> The 3.9 has 175 hp stock. And an exhaust system gets more hp to the
> wheels. Doesn't cause the engine to generate more hp

Please explain how the exhaust helps to get more HP to the wheels
without helping the engine to generate more.

I thought when you put on a free-er flowing exhaust, you're allowing the
engine to breather easier, thus freeing up a few horsepower in the upper
RPM band that were being held back by the high backpressure of the stock
exhaust. Maybe I'm wrong.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L