RE: Re: RE: re:RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: MP 408

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 21:59:22 EDT

When Summit Racing called Mopar to get pricing on the 406 Short Block, they
were told that it was not in production yet. It looks as though I'll be
piecing it together myself (so watch out for shrapnel). Since I wont be
racing or high revving, I'll be using MP cast parts, which will also keep it
in my budget, maybe. I noticed for the MP stroker pistons you can choose
standard or .020 over.

-If the block is bored .030 or .040 over, can the .020 over pistons be used
with bigger rings?
-They don't list rings in the catalog so do they use rings found on a stock
piston (just oversized)?
-Since the block won't see any boost, racing or high revving, can a .060
overbore be done?

Thanks again everyone,
James