Re: Drive Shaft Balance Issues

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 10:17:55 EDT

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> correct. if you could get it out of balance. also, you'll *know* when
> you've got a driveshaft out of balance. Think throwing weights off a
> tire x10.
> --
> Mike Maskalans <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>

A few years back, we took and wrapped a t-shirt around the driveshaft (near
the rear) of a friend's trans am... It was pure comedy. He had no idea
what was going on. Anything over 5mph, the car would shake uncontrolably.
After checking the car over for about 3 hours, we finally felt pity on him
and told him to "check underneath" the vehicle. When he finally met us up
at the bar, he threw a rather tattered looking t-shirt at us and cursed us
out. We bought him a shot.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L