Re: another newbie question

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 09:47:40 EDT

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 06:13:24 -0400, Matt Sweeney
<mbsween@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Hil,
> I'm looking to get a tonneau cover for my 04 SXT (extended cab). I'm
> looking at soft covers , I use the truck to move motorcycles around so I
> need something that can get out of the way quickly. Also I live in
> upstate NY so winters are a bit harsh on equipment.. I 've seen good
> reviews of the access roll covers, the look about right for what I want
> to do

Matt,

I have a Downey LTD which is hinged in addition to being a soft cover.
 It hinges about 20" behind the cab. My brother has one that hinges
right at the front bedrail, and can be removed without removing the
fabric from the frame (very nice, I wish I had gone that route). My
father has a Sportmasters
(http://www.sportmasters.com/tonneau.htm#rollmaster) which is
velcro-attached to its own frame and rolls up very nicely -
http://dakboy.is-a-geek.net/gallery/Ram/IMG_1947

We're all in upstate NY. Where are you?

The biggest problem with soft covers is they can be really hard to
close in the cold (the fabric shrinks). Which is why I like the lift
models - I had a plain one on my '99 and I couldn't remove the cover
in winter, as I'd never get it back on w/o a few gallons of hot water.

When you're ready to buy, the best price I found on the Downeys was
bmecovers.com. But CALL HIM, do not do it via the web.