Re: Are slotted rotors worh the extra money?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Oct 23 2004 - 15:16:28 EDT

Hey, Francis...

<snip> I was just wondering if slotted rotors give better performance for
the
extra cost.And if they do. do any of the local parts stores carry them?
(napa auto zone, O'Reilly, advance)<snip>

I hafta agree with the DML consensus...
They're WELL worth the $$$.
I've had em on the DAKSY for 65K+ miles & the only problem I incurred was
due
to a missing caliper spring on the passenger side - which allowed the
outboard caliper to rattle
with the pad in it...the PowerSlot got mahtzoed - along with the pad...I
coulda machined it at my last career workplace, but I sprung for another one
instead...
 Make sure you seat the caliper springs & you'll get lotsa stopping power
outta them...
Make sure you've got a 7mm hex & a big C-Clamp & you should be good to go...
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed