RE: Re: RE: Wierd moving motion on GenII Dakota..

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 10:23:10 EDT

On mine, I had replaced all those parts because I would use the brake
lightly and the pedal would not back off enough and it caused the brakes to
drag badly and my right front would attempt to lock up. If I could come to
a full stop and press the brake fully, it would then back off enough to get
going again. Your Dak is rising on acceleration because the truck is trying
to push through the front brakes, (thus causing the front end to rise), and
upon braking, it is diving because there is little travel needed to lock up
the front brakes and the rear brakes a likely doing little work. My problem
was that the brake booster adjustment had come loose and was now out of
adjustment so that there was little or no play in the pedal. If you have
replaced all those parts, unbolt the master cylinder from the booster and
reach in and see if your booster adjuster is loose at all. It is supposed
to stay locked down. I actually had brake fluid sloshing around in the
bottom of my booster cause it was forcing it out the rear seal of the
master. If you see fluid down in the bottom of the booster, make SURE you
replace it.
I read several boards and found this to be common on our Dakotas.

Rascal