Re: Windsheild Wiper not wiping!

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 11:13:43 EDT

""M Smith"" <gtv684@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> It's kinda raining here and on my way to work this morning I flipped my
> wipers on and all was well. After about 10 miles the rain had quit and I
> turned them off. A few minutes later I needed them again and when I turned
> them on I got nothin'!
> This happened before. About 3 months ago the same thing happened. The next
> day when I went out they worked fine and have been fine up to this
morning.
> All fuses are good, I would bet they will work again in tomorrow. I don't
> think it's heat related because it aint hot!
> Any ideas? Besides RainX and drive faster!!
> Please?
>
> Mark in Kentucky
> 95 CC 4X4 3.9L

I'd replace the multi-function switch (turn signal wand). I was having
issues with my intermittant wipers choosing their own interval and at the
recommendation of the list I picked up a new switch and hung onto it. Well,
after a while the intermittant intermittant setting went away and it was
back to normal. I though to myself "great! I can return this switch" and
the next time it rained, my wipers didn't work. I picked up some rain-x and
some towels real fast, made my way home and changed the thing out. If you're
at that point now there they're not working I'd go ahead and just pick up a
new switch, they're not that expensive. IIRC, it was about $25 - $40.
Someone on the list should be able to get you the part number...

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L