Re: Daktoberfest Pics

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 14:54:27 EDT

<Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com> wrote in message

> It's there. Click on the photo to blow it up full size and you can make
it
> out. It's on top of a pole and looks like it's at the upper left corner of
the
> second pond. You can just make it out.

yeah, tom pointed it out to me. i was looking too high up.

> The FTP site has a full size 1600x1200 copy
> ftp.walt-n-ingrid.com
> User ID: bbq@walt-n-ingrid.com
> password: password

thank you kind sir, i was hoping that it was at least that resolution,
that's that I run my monitor at home at.

> It could very well break. The photo is a little deceiving also because
the
> ledge is almost even with the top on Mike's hood. I couldn't even get my
> fronts onto it this time even though I only gave it two quick, half
hearted
> attempts. Now with the SAS and 35's, Mike's hood is quite a bit higher
than a
> stock Dakota. In fact, we were talking about how Mike's truck was just as
tall
> as Tom's Ram Off-Road with the coil spacers.

Wow, that's tall. I can't wait to see the truck in person finally.

> I think, at the current rate of change, the upper falls may be more of a
> challenge than the lower falls by the next BBQ. There was a line I was
looking
> at that may have possibility. It was closer to the Airstrip side of the
falls
> than we were trying during the BBQ (right on the edge of the woods) and
was
> similar in shape to the v-notch of the lower falls but with more of a
defined
> edge at the top. It would require a vehicle with a short wheel base and a
> decent amount of ground clearance. Something like Adam's Jeep, Mike's Ram
> Charger or my Dakota would have the best shot at it but it would be real
tough.
> I'm gonna have to take another good look during the next BBQ.

It is possible that the erosion would change the falls enough to where the
ledge might break off of its own weight by then, depending on how harsh of a
winter they have. If that's the case, it might make it a smidge easier to
get up in the areas near the woods.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L